Wednesday 11 September 2013

Always with Me: Rennie & Alka-Seltzer

I was at a wedding at the end of August. An away wedding, where I had to pack for a weekend trip and the first things I made sure was in the pile that I had to remember was a box of Alka-Seltzer and a blister pack of Rennies.


I don't just leave them in my luggage, in the room, though. I put a handy dose of each into my little clutch. Especially the Alka-Seltzer.


For me Alka-Seltzer works wonders when taken the night before the morning after. So no matter how very tipsy I am, before we leave the venue, I make sure to tip the two disks in the blue sachet into half a glass of water and gulp it down.


I carry the Rennies in case of very bad food. Weddings can be tricky, the cook/chef/venue either gets it very very right or I just choose the wrong things. I love a good pastry, but a bad one will always give me heart burn. Rennie to the Rescue!

They are not the only Essentials that I carry with me... here's the full break down of what I had in my wee bag, minus my phone, Cigar & matches.


Mini hand sanitiser for when you're done shaking hands and need to eat your dinner.
Lip Balm for dry-wine-lips
Lipstick for before you get too tipsy to touch up
Blotting papers are great after a sesh on the dancefloor
TicTacs are great for sweetening beer breath before sneaky kisses
Catrice skin finish for shiny noses
Half a nail file: emergency nail snags
Plasters is neccessary for new shoe blisters: your own or the Bride

And for the morning after the night before I prescribe Bacon. Smoked, streaky and cooked to crispy on a lovely soft white bread sammich. And if you need it more Alka-Seltzer.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...