Wednesday 20 June 2012

More fruit... of a different sort...

So, in October last year, I posted my Mom's Famous Super Easy Banana Bread Recipe. The loaf freezes extremely well, but it is something that the kids and my husband will eat in an hour, if I let them.


I decided to make muffins instead. I could give them each one for their lunches each day, by just taking 2 out of the freezer each evening and letting them defrost overnight, I could pop one into each of their lunch boxes the next day: Healthy, Home-made and delicious.

I left out the Cocoa Powder in the recipe I originally posted and I added a half cup of chopped hazel nuts, and instead of using a loaf tin, I lined a muffin pan with cupcake/muffin liners, filled them until about 2/3 full and baked them at 180 degC, for around 25 minutes.

I checked them by inserting a wooden skewer into the middle of one of the muffins in the center of the tray and if it comes out clean (not full of doughy liquid).


The kids loved the muffins. Warm out of the oven, slathered with butter, and in their lunch tins the next day, they were sorely disappointed when they asked for more, and there were none to be had. Their granddad had scoffed the last one that morning when he "popped round to say hello" (actually he popped round to scoff some buns...)


They freeze really well, and defrost like a dream. You couldn't tell they were frozen once they were properly defrosted and served with a little butter. Yummy...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...