Monday 7 May 2012

Merry Monday Melody: the good old days

I still think that Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II were the best Guns 'n Roses albums ever. Slash is flipping awesome (even today). And Yes I know that Axl dances like a douche, but hey, its his voice that gives me goosies (goosebumps, gooseflesh, chicken flesh etc...)

I have lots of fond memories of this song. I was about 14 or 15 and spent long, lllloooooooonnngggg afternoons with my bestest buddy at the time, a boy of my own age. He was the polar opposite to me but we got on so well and he introduced me to my much loved "stoner music".

Anyway... this song brings back memories of cheese and chutney sanwiches (it tastes nicer than it sounds) playing endless games of snooker on my dads snooker table and playing games of Monopoly that often had to be abandoned due to my strict bedtime.

We grew apart, and I went back to my other friends, but the music still plays and when it does, I think of him and Monopoly and rotten eggs...


Ps: Happy Bank holiday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...