Friday 23 September 2011

surprising discovery during QTC...

I was sitting down to have a quiet cuppa (Mr T is off today and has taken both kids to see their Granny) and I decided to make it a good one...

This one is one of the better offerings from Nescafe, purely because its flavoured without being sickly sweet.  It retails at around €3.29 (from my local Dunnes) for a box of 8 sachets of bliss. I generally buy a box at the beginning of the month and have one on a Monday once the kids are at school and one of a Friday evening when himself gets home from work and can take the kids off my hands. This works out to 41cents per sachet of enjoyment.

The instructions call for hot but not boiling water... so to get around the "not boiling" bit, after the kettle has boiled, I pour a bit of said water into the cup and swirl it around, this also heats the cup and lets your drink stay warmer for that last sip...

yes... I used my teeth to open the sachet

So all you actually need is a cup, a spoon and one of these babies. And a kettle of boiling water. And a drop of milk to make it extra delicious. So 5 things. And a bit of quiet time to enjoy it...
well stirred/beaten & topped up with whole milk

Anyway... while enjoying my first sips of  my QTC (quiet time coffee) I decided to catch up on all the links I have been sent by a friend of mine. Within one of these web articles I found another little gem.

Quite simply:  the beauty of his photographs have moved me.

I had not heard of this man before, but it has now become my little weekend mission to learn more about the man who has taken these breathtaking portraits of some incredibly famous/infamous people.

Have you heard of Yousuf Karsh? Have you seen any of his photographic work? I bet you have but just haven't realised it was him... I urge you to make yourself a cup of coffee and browse through these portrait pictures and the little stories next to them...

Its a site I will be coming back to for inspiration.
Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...