Wednesday 20 January 2016

More Lip Service: Makeup Revolution Sale picks

My birthday is at the end of December, so I generally always wait for the sales so that I can get a whole lot of bang for any buck I may have received. I have ordered from Makeup Revolution before so I wasn't afraid of the quality, but sometimes the swatches can be a little off colour on the site, so its always worth going to google to check the actual colour of the products, although their instagram account is full of great pictures of swatches taken by their fans. I picked up a few bits but so far the lip products are getting the most wear:

There is a lip cream missing in this pic... it rolled under the couch and I didn't notice!

I chose 5 Makeup Revolution Ultra Velour Lip Creams and they cost a whopping £1 (down from £3) and one Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer £1.50 (down from £3).

The formulation of the Lip creams are very, VERY similar to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, but these are definitely not as pigmented and as a result: a bit more sheer, they also feel a bit more balm-like. They don't really dry either, so they are a bit more difficult to layer to build the colour.


The MUR Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer is a COMPLETELY different animal by miles. Highly pigmented, feels a little sticky to start with, but once its dry it is not going to budge. I mean... its on there for good or bad. So you need to work quickly with this range, Apply with the doe foot applicator only if you have a super steady hand, But its way easier to apply with a good lip brush, just have a few cotton buds on hand in case you go out of the lines because if you mess up you need to correct it quick.


Above is Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer in Vamp. A proper blackened purple. And even though I have nowhere to wear it I still love it! You can't just dab a bit of this on, its go big or go home. It can look patchy, so you need to make sure you apply an even layer. It is a bit drying on the lips, so I would keep lip balm handy to apply over it to keep your lips supple. But there is no fading or wearing off with this. You HAVE to use an oil based makeup remover to get this off properly. So I am keen to try the other colours of these!

Next up is Makeup Revolution Ultra Velour Lip Cream - What will it take to make you love me. A blue toned bubblegum pink that is the least pigmented of the lot I got. I got it for my kit, so I won't be wearing it (My skin tone is too warm). It tends to be patchy and wears off quickly, so you would need to keep this handy for top-ups.


Makeup Revolution Ultra Velour Lip Cream - Don't bring me down is a pretty coral-y pink. Also more sheer than I'd like, and tends to wear off to leave a ring around your lip line. But popping a fine layer of translucent powder of the first layer and carefully applying a 2nd layer does help. I like it, but its not my favourite favourite.


Makeup Revolution Ultra Velour Lip Cream - Say yes, its what we do best is a warm brown based red. Very grown up and posh. Also more sheer than I'd like, but this isn't patchy and actually layers up quite well if you allow the first layer to dry down for a few minutes before applying the 2nd layer. This also wears off quickly in the middle of the lips... so keep it on hand for top ups.


Makeup Revolution Ultra Velour Lip Cream - Can't we just make love instead is a peachy nude. Quite well pigmented, nearly as good as the NYX SMLC in Cannes. It covers my own lip colour quite well and wears off reasonably evenly. It won't last all day, but you won't be topping up nearly as often as you'd think. I am loving this for my handbag and its perfect with a good dark smokey eye!


My favourite favourite is Makeup Revolution Ultra Velour Lip Cream- All I think about is you. A Mauvey pink that is nicely pigmented, leaves a bit of a stain behind as it wears off and mostly feels like lip balm on my lips. This just lifts things, makes you look like you've made an effort even when you really haven't. And for a measly "pahnd" you can't go wrong.


 Delivery is reasonable at £4.95 and my package arrived securely packed (I ordered powders and pigments too) after about 5 working days, and they currently have a massive sale on so it is well worth checking out and placing a sneaky end-of-January-treat-yo-self order.

Makeup Revolution is also available in Super Drug stores.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the look of these, great value too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...