Monday 18 January 2016

Learning to love my lips: NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

I am having a massive love affair with the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I liked the NYX Butter Gloss... BUT these Soft Matte Lip Creams: Oh My* (*say that in a George Takei voice)


I bought three. A nude, a pink and a red. Each is quite different from the other, all different tones, but they all look good. Which is strange, because pinks don't normally suit me. But I think the velvety texture, highly pigmented formulation, the fact that these have fab staying power and that they fade relatively evenly makes even the pink work for me. 


As the name implies, these are soft lip creams that don't exactly dry... but they do lose their immediate slippiness (on application) after a few minutes. This just makes them more comfortable. These aren't at all drying on lips, but they're not hydrating either, so I would suggest applying a thin layer of lip balm when you start putting your foundation on if your lips are very dry.




NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (SMLC19) Cannes is the Nude. The my-lips-but-better nude. Its a creamy mauve-y nude, with a hint of peach that warms this up just a touch to make it gorgeously wearable. I'm pretty much scraping this tube to get the last of it out... I'm wearing it most days and I'll need another tube very very soon.


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (SMLC08) San Paulo is a dusty pink. Some blue undertones keep this from going bubblegum pink as it wears off. This is more of a fun shade. When I feel like I need a bit of colour I reach for this one, its not MAD in your face colour, but it is brighter than I would normally wear.


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (SMLC10) Monte Carlo looks like a deep blue toned red in the tube, but it isn't as deep as you'd think and its also the least pigmented of the three. This one need building to ensure a good rich colour: in the pic above I'm wearing a single coat and you can see in the closeup that it is a bit patchy. Two coats fixes that though... and if you want a good sharp line around the lips you will need to wear a lipliner with this. But then its perfect with luminous skin, thick black flicks and lots of black mascara. Oh yes.

I need more of the colours. The fact that they cost €7.75 ( www.boots.comwww.carapharmacy.com  and in most pharmacies around the country) means that they wont break the bank and I can build up a collection by getting one or two new ones every month.

I can't wait to get more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...