Monday 14 September 2015

Dumpster Diving: June July & August 2015 Empties

Ja no well look, I can't quite believe we are 9 months into the year already too. Its absolute madness how quickly the months seem to be sliding by, but damn, I am happy to have the kids back at school because it means that my house stay clean and tidy for more than 20 minutes. Anyway, here are the last 3 months bits that I managed to get finished, and there are some man bits too:


We will start at the top of the body: Hair Jazz.


L'Oreal Elvive Full Restore 5 Leave-in Conditioner Spray: I like this, but I actually used this up on Hannah's hair because I am using something else that I like even more than this. It does the job, but I won't be repurchasing.

Clairol Nice'n Easy CC ColourSeal Conditioner for Brunettes: I ADORE this conditioner for my hair. I only use it once every two weeks so it lasts me a good three months. It works really well to smooth the cuticles of my hair to help it stay shiny and healthy looking. It costs €1.49 and is worth every penny.

Face Flotsam next:


Alpha H Liquid Gold: one of my favourite treatments for keeping my skin clear and bright. It is doing what it is supposed to do and I am using it like I am supposed to use it, every second night on clean skin. I have already started my 2nd bottle. Yes its pricey, but a bottle lasts 6 months, so I can live with paying €40 every 6 months.

Justine Tissue Oil Skin Repair Face Cream: I get this from my bestie in SA. I do like it, but its not my favourite favourite. It is light, sinks in quickly and the added SPF 20 is a nice touch to a cream that smells nice and doesn't overload my skin. Tissue oil is big in skincare and Justine does tissue oil really well.

Vichy Eau Thermale: A mineral water spray that is good to freshen up skin. THIS one actually belongs to Himself. He likes to have this mini one next to his bed in the summer months, he is a very warm-blooded person and when he gets too hot he can't sleep, so he spritzes this over himself to cool off. I like to give my skin a quick spritz before applying my night cream. I generally get these as a sample when I buy Vichy skin care bits.

The Body Shop Chocomania Lip Butter: It took me forever to finish this. For. EVER. It smelled nice, but didn't really leave a great taste when you went to lick your lips. I'd use this at night last thing before lights out to make sure that my lips didn't dry out over night but also I wouldn't taste it. Not my favourite, but it was upstairs next to my bed and my LRP cicaplast lip balm was downstairs next to my chair. I won't be getting this again.

On to the Body Bits:


Crabtree & Evelyn Tarocco Orange Shower Gel: This is one of my favourite scents ever, refreshing and uplifting, its the perfect morning wake-me-up. I already have a spare, but I am waiting until all the other stuff in my shower is done first.

Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff: Yummy smell: check. Good scrubby bits to remove dead skin and old tan: Check. Bright pink and Irish: Check and Check. It is good at what it does, is reasonably priced and is available world wide thanks to Cloud10 Beauty. And they stock the Crabtree & Evelyn too...

Ziaja Atopic Dermatitis Body Lotion: I have a full review of this coming. I'm sorry this is finished so quickly because it is a gorgeous range that I could use on my daughter. Its good and its cheap.

Roger & Gallet Fleur d'Osmanthus Body Cream (not lotion): Super Rich, super hydrating and highly scented, this is gorgeous. But its empty and I have 459 other body lotions under my bed to finish first. I'll be honest and say I am not sure I will repurchase Fleur d'Osmanthus again, but Bois d'Orange and Citron are on my wish list.

Soap & Glory The Righteous Body Butter: eh yeah, this one has been on the go since xmas 2013. I go through phases where I ADORE its gorgeous rich, hydrating, deliciousness and then when I just can't stand its thick, cloying, tackiness. But then I go back to using it like its never going to end. But I finished it! The unfinishable tub is finished. When I was taking the pics I genuinely opened the tub, stuck my nose right in there and inhaled deeply and said to myself: I need another one of these. So yeah. I need this again.

Lush Ro's Argan Body Contitioner: I got this in a gift box at Christmas and while I like what it does, I've gone off the scent a bit... so I won't be getting it again. Unless I get it in a gift box. Then Its going to Hannah. Oh yeah... did you know that there are secret messages under the little stickers that tell you who made the product? no? ME NEITHER!


Makeup Scrap:


Essence I (heart) Stage eyelid primer: Its not technically empty, but I should have tossed this about a year ago... eep. I haven't used in ages though. This works well and costs nothing. I'll get another one.

Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara: I bought a spare for my gym bag and I bought one for my sister-in-law, thats how much I like this mascara. It costs less than €5 and even though Sharon (Behind Green Eyes) isn't a fan, I don't care, I still like its lash-thickening & blackening ways.

L'Oreal Lash Architect 4D Mascara: This was a freebie I scored in my local pharmacy, and I am so glad Aoife passed it on to me because it is pretty lovely. This is a brown one, but I can't find it on the boots.ie website so I'm hoping you can get this because its a gorgeous daytime mascara that really lengthens lashes without making too much drama about it.

Artistry Signature Eyes Volume Mascara: I didn't use this as much as I should have, but I was glad when it started becoming difficult to use because that meant it was drying out and done for. It is very spendy, and not worth the €30. Its nice... but not bloody €30 nice.

Man Junk:



I have almost got himself "Beauty Blogger Trained". Ie. hes now putting his empty products next to the bin so I can pop them in my basket. He also tell me which ones he wants again and which he isn't bothered with:

Nivea Men 48Hr Sensitive Protect antiperspirant: Part of a gift set from xmas, He isn't a big fan of the white marks left by most antiperspirants, this one still leaves marks on the inside of his dark shirts that are a bit of a pain to remove, but it smells great on him and we like that. But there are others that are nicer, like whats next:

Dove Men +Care Clean Comfort: Also an antiperspirant, but no major markage with this one and it smells frickin DIVINE. It smells so good I like to use it occasionally. It is often on offer and ths is when I get a few and chuck them in the box under the bed.

Wella Shockwaves Lightweight styling Gel: this was in the cupboard ages and went into the bin as soon as he could vaguely claim it was pretty much empty. And he hasn't waved it in my face and told me to get it again. I won't.

Bull Dog Original Face Wash: yeah, this one he waved in my face as soon as it was starting to feel a bit light. And he waved it again when it was almost empty. But I already had a spare in the box. on days when I am not wearing makeup even I enjoy the spicy, herby smell of this gel that cleanses without stripping or drying. I do like this, so does himself. It is often on offer in Boots too, so I stock up then. He adores the moisturisers in this range and so does my dad.

There you have it. Is there anything you've used and liked or disliked? Are these posts useful to you, do you like them? I have to admit I like empties posts, I find bloggers are a bit more honest about if they would replace products or not.


Right. Well its Monday: Grab it by the balls!

3 comments:

  1. I am so curious on that Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff. It seems a good one to try out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely Sue, it smells great and does give a decent scrub if you use it on wet skin, and will rub the skin right off if you use it on dry skin. You can get it in Tesco so its qualifies as groceries!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...