Monday 18 May 2015

The Body Shop: Morning Combo for my Combo Skin

My skin has mostly been playing ball the last few weeks, mostly I think due to the Vichy Normaderm Night Detox. But I have added two new products into the mix as well, giving my skin two weeks between each new product to get used to it before adding anything else, both are from The Body Shop and both are fitting in nicely.


Cleanser first: The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser (£5 / €11 eh c'meretomenow... what is up with the pricing guys??). If you don't like the smell of tea tree then this is not for you. But if you don't mind it and you don't have particularly sensitive skin (this contains menthol which creates that cooling feeling on the skin but is quite irritating to sensitive skin types) and you are worried about blemishes, then I would try it as a morning cleanser.


It comes with a pump attached to the bottle that aerates the liquid in the bottle as it comes out of the nozzle. So its already foamed. And you only need one pump to do do your face and neck.


All you need to do it apply it to your dampened face, massage it in gently to encourage your skin to divest itself of the night's products and dirt. It won't foam anymore. Himself (who has also been using this) was a bit perturbed by the fact that it wouldn't make more bubbles as he used it, but got over that when he used it and like how it worked.


It smells fresh and clean and while it is a "Foamed" cleanser, once I've used a warm wet facecloth to take it off, it doesn't leave my face feeling like its been stripped of all its moisture. Skin just feels soft and clean and ready for the next step.

Ive had this about a month now and even with himself using it occasionally, I have just under half of the bottle left. Its fit into my budget quite nicely and my skin hasn't reacted to it and I haven't had any new breakouts!

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser Ingredients

I must just note that this is a morning cleanser for me. While it says it will "gently remove make up and impurities", it didnt really do anything except leave me with mascara in my eyebrows and lipstick around my nose. I still had to use a decent balm cleanser. But as a morning cleanser this is pretty good.

Next step: Toner! And I am loving The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner (£8.50 / €11.50).


 Its not much to look at, but it does a stellar job of setting skin up for moisturiser. I have oily/combo skin but it is a bit dehydrated and even-though it doesn't feel tight once I have cleansed, it generally drinks up moisturiser as soon as its applied. The fact that in a few hours it is a greasy mess is just once of those things. I have found though, that since I have been using this toner and a decent hydrating moisturiser, my skin isn't producing as much oil as quickly. And I am getting more wear out of my foundations as a result.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Toner Ingredients

 After cleansing, I pour a little of this clear liquidy gel onto a clean cotton pad and sweep it over my face and neck, going over my cheeks and neck as I need more hydration in those areas. It is soft and gentle and doesn't sting and does what it says on the bottle. It hydrates my skin without making it feel greasy.

Vitamin E Toner comes in a 200ml flip top bottle and using it every morning and every 2nd evening I still have more than half a bottle left after having it for just over 2 months.

I've already said that it doesn't look like anything special, but this toner is scented with the iconic The Body Shop Vitamin E scent. I love it. It evokes memories of my Gran for some reason. And along with the Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil it has a permanent spot on my bathroom shelf.

I have fallen in love with The Body Shop for starter skincare steps (cleanser, toner, moisturiser) and they fit my budget nicely and there are products to suit every skin type and requirement.

The only thing I have an issue with is the euro/sterling pricing... And the fact that you can't buy online from the www.thebodyshop.ie website. Fingers crossed this is something that will be coming soon... as it is I have to trek in to Dublin to get to my favourite products.

So you have any favourite products from The Body Shop? Anything I should try? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...