Monday 28 April 2014

Soap & Glory Hand & Foot Creams: yummy stuff

My loving hubby bought me this Soap & Glory duo for Christmas and I am rather pleased he did. I did NOT take it as a hint that my hands and feet are rougher than a bears @r$€, I accepted them with good grace, dug out my "cotton socks" and put these to work.


Soap & Glory Hand Food is €6.99 (in Boots stores or www.Boots.ie) for the 125ml squeezy tube with a flippy-top lid, which I really like. It smells delicious,  fresh bergamot, strawberries and mandarin, with floral and fruity midnotes, and musk, amber and warm vanilla according to the peeps at S&G, all I get is a sweet yumminess that it nice to catch every time my hands go past my face.


This is a great little hand cream to have sitting next to your chair at night. It is a rich white cream that is quite thick, so a little goes a long way. I like to work a litttle of this into each hand and then pull on my moisture gloves (cotton ones I got from Avon before they dropped Ireland like a hot potato) and then sit and catch up on my blog reading.


Wisely, the instructions warn you not to use this on broken or irritated skin: it WILL burn. So folks with sensitive skins should probably steer clear of this. If you have normal skin though you will probably love this as an overnight treatment for dry hands. And any other time too. To use it during the day I would use maybe 2 peasized blobs and work it into my hands, wait 3 or 4 minutes and then get back to work. By that time the cream has sunk in enough to leave a light layer of hydration behind without leaving a greasy layer on the keyboard.

Top white cream : Hand Food
Bottom green cream: Heel Genius

Soap & Glory Heel Genius is better than the hand cream. This is some tough green stuff packed into the 125ml flippy-top lidded tube for €7.75 (via Boots or www.boots.ie).


The "Miraculous Moisturising Mix" label isn't telling lies, this packed full of intensely moisturising ingredients, along with Menthol oil, that is soothing, stimulating and cooling at the same time. I love this stuff. The fruit acids help to really get into the cracks and help to gently dissolve the bonds that hold the dry skin on top of the newer soft skin.


The menthol and the lemon and orange scents combine to make something that is uplifting and calming at the smae time. Perfect for tootsies that have been squished into highheels all day, even better for long days spent running around after kids that show no appreciation for the sacrifices parents make for them.


Heel Genius works even better when you lie on the floor at your hubs' chair with your feet in his lap and he massages this light green lotion into your feet and right up your calves, digging his fingers right into the muscles and knots. Bliss.... then I pop my cotton socks on and hop into bed. My hooves feel more like feet when I wake up in the morning. Using a lovely thick layer of this every night for a week guarantees soft smooth feet with minimal fuss. Remember to work this into the cuticles on your toes and after a week they are supple and easily pushed back when you start your pedi-at-home.

If I had to choose just one of these then it would be the foot cream. It does exactly what it says on the tin with the added benefit of adding a little ritualistic relaxation to an evening routine in the wind down to bed time. These are in the current 3for2 promotion that Boots is running. So you could pick up something else as a treat too!



4 comments:

  1. I love S & G Heel Genius! It's soooo good! I've actually used it on my hands as well after some weekend garden work that destroyed my hands & it worked amazingly well!

    a;ex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heel Genius sounds fab I need a little Soap & Glory haul soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never actually tried Heel Genius but I definitely will after reading this- sounds amazing!! I love hand food, just used it before reading this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heel Genious is fantastic! My feet never ooked so good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...