Sunday 23 February 2014

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves Mascara: A Review

I don't spend a whole lot of money on mascara, I am going to throw it away after 3 to 4 months anyway, and money doesn't grow on trees. So I am a little disappointed that I didn't do my usual research before I spent €5.65 on Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves Mascara.


And its not the formula that is problematic, its the brush. The formula is perfect from the first use. Many mascaras need to be be opened, closed and then left for a week or so to dry out a bit. The Rockin' Curves formulation doesn't clog or clump, coats lashes evenly, and doesn't flake off half way during the day. It is also a decent black. I like it.


I don't like the faffy brush. This curvy brush is just all sorts of wrong for me. Too much product collects towards the thin tapered end regardless of how you take the brush out of the tube, and its like trying to put on mascara with Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde. Seriously. I end up with far too much mascara on the inner corners of my eyes, so that when I blink, I have major spider legs on my upper and lower eye lid. All I did was blink.

Dr Jekyll: So you can use the front, skinny end carefully to get just enough product on the lashes, but then you poke yourself in the eye with the big fat end of the brush, and you don't even get enough mascara on the lashes on the outer corner of your eye to make any difference.


Mr Hyde: Or you work the big fat side of the brush just right and get great coverage on the outer corner lashes only to find that you have so much mascara on your inner corner lashes that they have stuck/clumped together and you have enough mascara there to do all of the Victoria Secret Models.

I have tried this every which way and I just can't get it. It isn't a total loss though, I am using my Úr Makeup Silicone Mascara wands in Rimmel Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves mascara so I don't feel like I have completely wasted my moolah.

I bought mine from my Boots store and you can get yours on your local Rimmel stand.




4 comments:

  1. I have to agree, my mum picked me up a tube of this last week and even though it gives great coverage I just can not get past the brush! I am tempted to get disposable wands and use it that way, this wand is just too weird for me to handle.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually want to see if I can take the crappy brush out and jam another brush into its slot in the lid. Or maybe I can see if there is an old brush that I can clean and sterilise that will fit instead!

      Delete
  2. I really don't like of the brush :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...