Wednesday 22 January 2014

Hair Care Routine January 2014

My hair is looking and behaving pretty well the last few weeks. And it has mainly been neglected for the most part. I haven't been doing very much with it, pretty much just washing it and leaving it... but it seems to be doing pretty well. I like to think it is because I have pared the products right back:


 Pantene Classic Clarifying Shampoo (€4 odd for the big 400ml)
Mane 'n Tail Hair Strengthener ( €12.85 for 178ml)
L'Oreal Hair Expertise EverSleek Smooth Intense Mask (RRP €10 for  200ml)

I don't wash my hair everyday, its it too thick and currently too long and it takes far too long to dry. I don't have an hour to sit and dry my hair every night. So I tend to only wash it 2 or 3 times a week and it is lucky if it sees any kind of heat styling tool. I generally just rough dry it with a towel and chuck it up onto a giant hair grip-clip-thingy. And if you promise not to tell my dad (who will have a conniption if he knows): I often go to bed with wet hair.
But these three products have kept my hair looking and feeling pretty healthy over the last few weeks when I just couldn't be too bothered with it. Its simple and isn't too faffy and it doesn't take an age.


The Pantene Classic Clarifying Shampoo is a great basic product. It does exactly what is says on the bottle, no more, no less and the big 400ml bottle costs less than a fiver. It is often on special as well and I think I paid just over €3 for my bottle before Christmas. I don't do the double wash with my hair as I find that just strips the strands and the scalp of the oils your hair needs to look healthy, and one wash with this is enough to get rid of excess oil and dirt anyways... so why over do it. It has a clean fresh scent, a little product makes a load of foam (yay.... Bubbles!) and it rinses out easily. Job done.

When I get out of the shower I turban my hair into a towel to get rid of a lot of the water and then dry myself and cream/serum/moisturise my face or body or both. Then I rough dry my hair with the towel, concentrating on the roots and the back of my head. Out comes this Mane 'n Tail Hair Strengthener** , sprayed sparingly through the wet ends and rubbed in with my hands to distribute, I go in with the towel again for another few minutes and that is it. I don't bother brushing it: it is still too wet and I find that brushing/combing my hair while it is still wet tends to lead to frizziness... so I just twirl it up onto a rough bun and clip it in place and carry on about my evening When its bed time the clip comes out and I go to sleep to wake up in the morning with lush curls and fabulous body: Awesome!
A quick comb through with my hands and I am ready to face the day or I twirl it up back into a rough bun and clip it out of my face if I am off to the gym or needing to clean the house. Simples.


Mane ‘n Tail’s Hair Strengthener is a great daily leave-in conditioning treatment that is supposed to help achieve longer, stronger, healthier looking hair. It also acts as a protection layer preventing heat damage from hair straighteners and hair dryers. And it smells great : my hair smells like sweeties after you use this. Bonus points! It is a bit spendy at €12.85 for 178mls, but, using this up to three times a week since mid December 2013, I am not even a quarter of the way through the bottle. Worth the moolah: Hells Yeah!


Once every 2nd week (or once a week if I remember or have time) then I will run a walnut sized blob of L'Oreal EverSleek Mask through the ends and work that in, and while it needs 3 - 5 minutes to do its job I shave my legs. Even though the thick, white, creamy, mask has no sulphates or silicones, you do need to make sure that you rinse this out really well or hair feels weighed down and a bit greasy quite quickly. Do the proper rinse though and my hair feels flipping lovely even when wet. No need to use the Hair 'n Tail Spray after using this mask. My hair dries fairly quickly, it seems to eject the water and feels like it dries much quicker and feels much softer.

Now L'Oreal EverSleek Mask can cost upwards of €10. Don't pay that though, shop around and get it on special. I paid half price for my tub (€5.49 thank you very much) and I have had it since April 2013 and its not finished yet... the tub is starting to feel mighty light though and I am already looking around to see for my next tub. I may even spring for the shampoo or conditioner to try out the rest of the range...

EverSleek is a fab mask for dry, damaged hair that is prone to frizziness, it does smooth the hair cuticle, and it does aid heat styling. When I pull out my straighteners or my hair dryer, my hair behaves and stays pretty much frizz-free even if it rains. While this will not fix split ends, regular use has made my hair feel much healthier and less prone to splits although I think this is also due to the fact that I am not using heat on my hair as often which I don't need to do because my hair is behaving so well, probably due to this mask. a Not so vicious circle I am willing to let continue.

So those are the three things that I am using on my hair at the moment. I am making an effort to de-clutter my  life and the shower is the first step .I am trying to methodically work through all the products I have managed to collect and cleaning out the shower has already made me feel a whole lot lighter... I don't feel overwhelmed now. Just don't look under my bed ....



2 comments:

  1. The greates hair mask I've ever tried is the hair repair mask from pro naturals. It is made from argan oil, so you can totally imagine how god it it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...