Monday 20 January 2014

Giving the Bees a hand: Neals Yard Remedies Bee Lovely Hand Cream

I have been sitting on this hand cream for a little while now. Ever since Neal's Yard Remedies launched... that is how long I've been sitting on this one. Mainly because its taken me ages to decide how I feel about Neal's Yard Remedies Bee Lovely Hand Cream.


At their Irish Launch in 2013, I managed to nab 3 of these cheery yellow and navy tubes of cream while they were on special for €5 each. I later found out that they are normally €13.10 for a 50ml tube. 5% of the RRP of every Bee Lovely product will be donated to a charity or cause that promotes or looks after bees. Which I like... we need bees. We may not like them much, but we do need them.

Bee Lovely Hand Cream contains organic honey and sunflower oils to moisturise and the orange essential oil makes this really pleasant to use. The scent doesn't linger too long, which is a pity, but it does mean that it won't clash with any other scents.


This cream isn't very thick, but it is incredibly moisturising so you only need a small amount to do the job. It does need some work to get it fully absorbed. Which isn't good for during the day when you are in a hurry and have to do stuff and need to touch things. It leaves greasy marks EVERYWHERE, so watch for that.

But if you use it at night while you are watching tv, and you have time to sit and work it into your hands and into your cuticles it is quite lovely. I like to "rest" after I do the dishes, so before I get stuck into the dishes I slather on a nice layer of cream, don my washing up gloves and let the warm water work its magic while I am cleaning. Then when I am "resting" I work what ever is left into my skin and let it really sink in before I have to get up and see to the family.

Once it has sunk in it creates a kind of barrier not unlike the La Roche-Posay Cicaplast offering, but this one is a bit waxy feeling, which is the only thing I don't like (other than the hefty price tag). I don't mind it so much at night once I have my cotton "moisture" gloves on and once I know I am settled down and I won't have to touch anything.


Now ordinarily €13odd is quite steep for a hand cream. But if you can get this on offer, it is lovely to use as an over night treat for your hands, my 1st tube lasted me almost 5 months and this one has lasted me almost 4 months (I only use it once a day) and it feels about half full. I gave the third tube to my sister-in-law for watching the kids for me one day... I must remember to ask her what she thought of it.

While I like the idea behind the Neal's Yard Remedies Bee Lovely Hand Cream, I cannot justify spending that much on what is effectively a small tube of hand cream. So when this one is done I'll move on to something else to nourish my handies while I sleep... I have a stash that I am working through...

If you are interested in trying this or other gorgeous Neal's Yard Remedies products, then the best person to contact is Jenny Faison, the loveliest, least pushy sales lady with plenty of samples. You can reach her on twitter or you can reach her on email via: shantiholistic@gmail.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...