Wednesday 15 January 2014

Catrice Limited Edition Steel My Heart stole mine

Catrice Nail Polish in 900 Steel My Heart is one of the two limited edition colours released in their Brushed Metal Effect Range. And unless you are "unfortunate" enough to live in a big city where the stands get stocked regularly... then you may actually be lucky enough to find this on your local Catrice stand.


 Steel My Heart is a beautifully unusual polish... textured without being GICK, almost matte but still sparkly enough to catch the light and dazzle, perfect for winter months. And unlike many matte polishes Steel My Heart applies and wears very very nicely. I can get a full week out of this (two skinny coats, no top coat) with nary a chip or lifting, but I will start noticing tip-wear after day 4.


It's Purple-y Blue-y Steel-y Silver-y colour is dark enough to ride out the rest of the winter without being totally Goth. I like it.


I have been wearing this colour on my nails quite a bit since I bought it, and there hasn't been an issue with it staining my nail bed. I like looking at it on my nails, it is still nice to look at even on a cloudy miserable winter's day.


I got these polishes around June 2013 and I noticed it still on stand in our Penney's in Dundalk 2 weeks ago when I was in for a few bits, and it cost €2.79.


The other half of this 2 part limited edition is called Steel my Soul and is a pretty Lilac-y Silver-y brushed metal, but I don't think it is as nice as Steel My Heart. I may have to go back for that bottle I saw in Penneys, because I am half way through this current bottle...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...