Thursday 26 September 2013

Micro Pedi Manicure / Pedicure Kit: A review

This mani/pedi kit from Micro Pedi is a funny little kit. I really really liked the Actual Micro-Pedi Man "hoof sander" as my husband calls it, but I am not entirely certain about this kit.



For your 9.99 eurobux you get the following tools:
a cuticle tool; a fine shaping tool; a shaping tool; an emery tool; a buffing tool and the attachment that fits into the machine. You get paper instructions too, but they don't fit nicely into the bag.


It is small and all the bits fit very neatly into the little velour pouch. The wee bits are very wee. Designed to be able to get into nooks and crannies of toes and fingers that need a little TLC.


I didn't use this on my fingernails as I am trying desperately to get them to stop flaking (I blame a bad diet and some overzealous buffing about 3 months ago) and its going to take time to grow them out), but I did give it a go on the auld tootsies.



I took my time and gave myself a proper pedicure. I soaked my feet and removed old nail varnish and got stuck in. And it was a bit slow going to be honest. as with the skin file attachment you need to go gently, gently. And then I need to go over the cuticles again. And after that I needed to go over my cuticles again. My cuticles weren't that bad to begin with, but the cuticle tool just couldn't cut it.

The thing that is great about this is that because you need to be quite gentle, it means you can't do too much damage to the actual nail bed. but it does mean that results are going to be small. And I do think that this would be good for maintenance between proper manicures.


Unfortunately the shaping tools didn't fare much very well even after I changed the batteries. To shape my toe nails I would need to apply a wee bit of pressure to see a difference. But as soon as you apply any pressure you lose revolutions on the tool and it basically stops working. Sigh.

Yes the Micro-Pedi Manicure / Pedicure Kit it is small and yes it is a very clever little idea, but I don't think that the motor and the battery on the micro-pedi machine is powerful enough to do a decent job. I recon the set would be great for small touch ups, hooks and other small mishaps on finger nails.

It would be a great present for somebody new to doing their own nails, as they have to be gentle and so wouldn't do any damage. But you would have to get them the Micro-Pedi machine to go with it.



3 comments:

  1. Interested to read about this coz I've been v tempted in the last couple of weeks every time I see it in Boots! Glad I didn't bother then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. thanks for the awesome review! I too go barefoot often or in flip flops so I completely know where you are coming from. I was reading through the review, waiting to see if you would say it hurt or not, because it looks kind of scary! lol I'm glad it didn't hurt you :) hahaha I would definitely love to try this out someday when I'm not lacking on 'me' time too.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...