Friday 23 August 2013

Catrice 6-in-1 BB: not totally sure about this one.

Every brand and its kitten has a BB cream out at the moment. Some are awesome ones that I can't afford but I know would just suit me down to the ground (Dior... Kiehls), some pretty good ones that I have tried (garnier's offering for oily skin gets my vote), and then there are ones that are just Meh. Catrice's BB is falling into this category for me. I think.


It costs €6.49 for the 30ml tube and while it says it has a whole host of skin loving stuff, I am just not sure about it. Hmmmm

The one thing that I know that I do like is that this has a decent SPF 30. And that part works. I know this because I wore this on a good few sunny days and didn't get any colour on my face not even a rosy glow or a pinkish tint. I like the price too. I like that a lot.


Oh and I like the colour range! They have a great colour selection for pale skins. 020 Rosy Beige is dark enough to blend my pigmentation, and give a teeny bit of healthy colour to blend with my tan, but its not so dark and orangey that it leaves tide marks. Ok, so that is three things I like about this.

Here's the bits I don't like:


Even though this claims to absorb oil, this left me very, very shiny. And even after powdering, while it looked good, it still felt greasy.

And it smells weird when you first apply it. Thankfully that goes away quickly. I also need a touch more of the Catrice BB than I do of the Garnier BB, So I am going through it quite quickly.

I also don't quite like the texture, it is quite thick, maybe it would be better for winter because it doesn't sink into the skin like you would expect, rather it almost forms a barrier... which I am really not sure I like.


So we are three for three. 3 pros & 3 cons. It gives good coverage, but I am still unsure about the feel on my skin...

I am not sold on this, even after using this everyday for 6 weeks. I will try this again in winter and see if it doesn't work better then...





6 comments:

  1. Hmm. I may avoid this one, nothing I dislike more in a bb cream than shine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah... I had high hopes, but at least it didn't cost big bucks.

      Delete
  2. This didn't suit my skin at all. I agree with your cons completly! It just felt weird and heavy on my skin - I did want to like it as I think Catrice is a great brand, but it was not meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! And its so frustrating because Catrice have been doing some seriously nice stuff!

      Delete
  3. I wasn't gone on it for the first few times I used it but it grew on me during the hot spell because of the SPF and it didn't feel like a heavy foundation on my face. I've since replaced my everyday foundation and have banished this one to the hospital bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I tried and tried to like this... but I think it just isn't meant to be

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...