Wednesday 3 July 2013

I added a toner to my routine...

I stopped using a toner about 10 or 11 months ago, when it got very difficult to get the one that I liked. And then 2 weeks ago this L'Oreal one "fell" into my basket. And I didn't mind to much because it only cost €6.49.


Its a winner people. After just two weeks of using the Visible Radiance Renewing Gel Toner, I can see an improvement in the clarity of my skin. The congestion on my nose and chin is much improved, and my skin is absorbing the new serum (review coming soon) beautifully. While my pigmentation isn't budging yet and the wrinkles are still there, my skin looks brighter... more glowy. I like this.


It is light and smells lovely, its not stingy, although I don't use it around my eyes at all, and my skin feels good afterwards. Its a lovely way of making absolutely sure I cleansed properly as any residue would show on the cotton pad.

The only thing that bothers me about this is the "Delivery System". The lid sucks. Because the actual product is a gel, it doesn't sink into a cotton pad immediately, instead, it sits on top of the cotton pad in a little pool of gel-goodness. But this means you have to pour it onto the pad as opposed to placing the pad over the hole and tipping the bottle over. And even though this is a gel it is a VERY LIQUIDY gel that runs like a kid with a lolly being chased by a bee.


So I find that 1 drop out of every 20 is being wasted, either by escaping off the edge of the cotton pad, or because I am not quick enough tipping the bottle up.

If I were clever I would decant it into another bottle. But I am lazy and I don't have another bottle.

L'Oreal Visible Radiance Renewing Gel Toner is available at most good pharmacies .



1 comment:

  1. The same thing annoys me about one of L'oreal's cleansers that I have - it's good, it does the job, doesn't sting, removes all makeup - but it's a squeezy container and it just blobs out everywhere. Wish they'd make them with pumps! I don't use a toner at all but good to know there's a decent one out there for under a tenner.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...