Wednesday 18 July 2012

Colorsport 30 day mascara and brow dye kit

This is a necessity for me.


I colour the hair on my head a lovely chocolatey brown colour, as my natural colour is now a mousy brown shot through with crinkly grey strands. So that I don't look like a total mismatched bag-lady, I dye my eyebrows a bit darker too, then I don't have to worry about paying to much attention to filling them in...

what's in the box

ColorSport 30 Day Mascara Eyelash & Eyebrow Dye Kit costs me around €8.50 from my local Boots store, and this little box lasts me about a year and a half. I use it every 6 - 8 weeks, I only do my brows and I have been doing it long enough that I can mix up just the right amount.


The instructions are simple. READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS!  I do the patch test and then the following day I do the deed and dye my brows. 


This is what you need. I don't have petroleum jelly, I use a natural beeswax balm that my Mom sends me. A good mirror in a bright, well lit room and cotton buds are essential for clean up.

everything you need to do dye your caterpillars

The dropper bottle is a pain in the bum. It is one of those drop....drop-drop-dribble-ah-shit-too-much bottles. And you really do want to mix the liquid in 2 drops at a time (like the instructions say), otherwise it all just goes messy and blobby. But that is the only negative I have.

pre-mix

The resulting creamy gloop is spread onto my eyebrows and I sit quietly for 4 - 5 minutes while the cream does its thing, then I wipe it off and clean my face properly.

post-mix

I did try to dye my eyelashes using this, but I honestly didn't see a difference in the colour, and the only thing that happened was that I nearly stung my eyeballs right out of their sockets. I suppose it would be worth it if my lashes are blonde, but they are not, so I am not putting myself through that torture again.

For the price, Colorsport (urg, colour needs a u in it) works extremely well on eyebrows, it is simple, really quick, easy and painless. It does what it says on the box. Well worth the €8...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...