I love Italian food. Especially pasta. Actually I just love Bacon. I can find a way to slip bacon into almost* anything.
My favourite Italian Pasta Bacon-containing meal is Alfredo. I don't really care what kind of pasta it comes with. And its the easiest thing in the world to make. Really. It is also loaded with calories, so its an occasional treat.
1 Pack Streaky smoked bacon (its not bacon if its not smoked)
1 Punnet of sliced mushrooms
1 Finely chopped onion
1 - 2 (or 3 if you are a garlic lover) finely chopped cloves of garlic
2 -3 tsp cornflour
salt & pepper
1. Boil enough salted water in a pot to cook the pasta, add the pasta.
2. While pasta is boiling fry off your bacon until its is crispy, reserving the fat that remains in the pan (that is the tasty bit)
3. Take the bacon out of the pan to cool a bit and add the onion and fry until soft.
5. Add the mushrooms and the garlic in with the onions and fry gently until soft,
6. When the bacon is cool, chop half of it roughly and add the chopped bacon into the pan with the onion and garlic, turn the heat to medium.
7. Add the cornflour to the cream and mix until there are no lumps
8. Stir into the bacon, onions & mushrooms, keep stirring until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste
9. Drain the pasta and divide into bowls, pour over a few ladles of sauce, decorate artfully with the left over bacon.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! Wine is optional and for over 18's only