Friday 1 June 2012

Essence of Light...

I am still new to highlighters. I know that they can lift your face and do all kinds of fantastic magic, but I am still a newbie.

I don't work during the day (and I am not a street walker either) so I have no need to wear a full face of make-up. When I do wear a full face of proverbial Slap, I do it because I want to, and " 'Cos I'm Wurf It" (thanks L'oreal).

Essence I Heart Runway Highlighter has been sitting in its little space on my local essence stand for a while, but I have only recently picked up its cheap ass. It cost me €3.09. 


Its pretty simple, its a little brush with a twisty bottom. Yes, I know, I said twisty bottom.


You need to be twisting that bottom quite a bit to get the product to come through the bristles, but never fear, once it comes through and you stop twisting, it stops coming through. It won't come mooshing through the bristles unless you keep twisting. 


The actual product is lovely. Not at all scary. Not unless you are going to paint your face with it. Its a very light peach/pearl colour, with a very fine gold micro-shimmer running through it, as far as I can make out.


And it blends out really nicely too! Its shimmery and pretty and its not white, which is what I was afraid of. I roughly blended it in the two pics below, so you can really see the lovely shimmer: 

in the shade

in the sunlight
When it is fully blended, it is just perfect. Its not at all glittery, its just a faint golden shimmer that catches the light beautifully... even in the shade.

fully blended in the shade

fully blended in the light.
You only get 1.5mls of product, but for the price, you can't really go wrong.

Essence recommend using it under the arch of your eyebrow and in the inner corner of your eye, but I  blob it onto the back of my hand and use a clean finger to dot and blend it on the tops of my cheek bones, my cupids bow and down the center of my nose.

Will I buy this again? Probably. I don't use highlighter very often, but at the price point (less than the cost of a Sandwich & Juice and none of the calories) I can afford to have a back-up in the back of my drawer.

4 comments:

  1. This looks lovely, I haven't seen it on Essence stands but I might have a look later!
    verylovelystuff.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its squished in with the I <3 Runway Primer. Its there, just have a good look!

      Delete
  2. It looks like a great dupe of high beam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I haven't been near a Benefit counter is positively aaaages, I must go in and try it and see, maybe do a sneaky comparison as I can't afford anything benefit at the moment :(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...