Thursday 14 June 2012

Au Naturel... Just how I like it

I finally got round to ordering another Sleek mineral eye-shadow palette. The Au Naturel range from the fantastic budget brand Sleek has been around for quite a while already, but I was late jumping on the band-wagon. I got mine from the Fabulous girls at Cloud 10 Beauty, and it cost a measley €9.00 (excl postage, which is reasonable anyways).


The colours are lovely. More matte colours than shimmer/frost colours make this really suitable for work or day wear, but the pigmentation is so good, that the look can very easily be ramped up for a night on the town.


I rarely get a night out on the town, but I still enjoy experimenting and seeing what suits me. Au Nautrel comes with a little plastic topper-thingy that has the shade names on it, which I really appreciate.





This is the look I came up with, enough drama to keep it interesting, but toned down enough not to scare the be-jeezus out of the other mothers at the school gate...


NOUGAT went all over my lid, right up to the brow bone,






















Then I used MINERAL EARTH over the movable part of the lid and into the crease and blended.






















 TAUPE went into the corner of my eye and a teensy bit in the very center of my eyelid. BLEND!!!!








 I lined my eyes with NOIR, a fantastic matte black that give a fab smokey look. I really like how it turned out, the shadows are extremely well pigmented and blend like a dream. I am keen to try some of their other products, just as soon as I curb my nail varnish obsession...

Other products:
Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in True Ivory
Catrice Single eyeshadow in Starry night to fill in my brows
Benefit It Stick as concealer
Avon Glimmerstick in Blackest Black (to line the waterline)
Catrice Volume + Curl  mascara in Black




3 comments:

  1. Looks great on you, C! Noir is fab as a liner x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous simple look! It really suits you! That's one thing I haven't tried yet, Sleek Palettes... Hmmmm. Might have to give this a go..! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shades, sleek is a range i never think to buy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...