Tuesday 1 May 2012

something different...

I found this little gem on the Daily Mail's website (published on the 13th of April 2012... yeah I couldn't find the exact link).

When I found it, I downloaded the image to my little "Stuff to Keep Kids Entertained" folder and then forgot about it.

Until last Wednesday. When we got caught, completely unprepared, in a torrential downpour of biblical proportions.

And while watching all the other moms sprinting for their cars faster than Usain Bolt, I remembered this chart:



And I realised that this was the perfect opportunity for us to get SOAKED, and walk in the rain and jump in the puddles and laugh at all the other kids and moms shrieking and running for their lives.

So you know what? I have decided to try to cross of as many of these 50 things before the end of Summer 2012.
There are a few things that we can't do between now and the end of August obviously (#11 and #15 and with the epic snowfall that we had the year before last I think we can safely cross them off the list as we have done them) and I think that #45, #48 and #49 might be a bit out of my kids league (they are under 7yrs old) BUT (yeah its a big butt ... hehehe) I will be trying my hardest to cross of as many of these activities as possible.

And as of Wednesday last, we can cross off #6 :), and since it will be raining again soon, I will take a pic of us sopping wet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great idea! I might copy it for my younger siblings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...