Monday 5 March 2012

Mani(c) Mondays: Spring Grey

Grey is not the colour most people would associate with Spring time. That is, unless you live in Ireland, then Grey is pretty much the only colour in the sky, with occasional (extremely occasional) outbreaks of blue skies that just tease us.

So I am embracing The Grey. Kind of.

I love the idea of matte polish and I have 3, all of them from Avon. I really do. Unfortunately they don't exactly wear well. Tip wear is very obvious after just a few hours and by few I mean 2. And I didn't even do the dishes or any gardening in those two hours. sigh.


But I am a Boer (a farmer) and " 'n boer maak 'n plan" ( A farmer makes a plan) So I dug out a spring colour and came up with this "Spots vs Stripes" (thanks Cadbury) to cover the tip wear issue and ad a bit of interest to the mani :


Spots and stripes and glitter. Nothing "funner" than that, is there? I liked the pink, but it wasn't quite right...


But the Orange looked lack-lustre.


Blue the colour of the skies above the grey clouds, but it lacked oomph.


So, Yellow. Yellow and Grey go together like cheese and marmalade. you either like it or you don't. I like it.  But it's not my favourite favourite.

If you thought I cleaned the nail before I put on a new colour, you are seriously underestimating my laziness. I had 10 fingers to find the colour I liked most. And I am mad enough perfectly within my rights to be completely undecided like ALL the colours, together. On the same hand.


 My reasoning: I come from the so called "Rainbow Nation", I may as well embrace it...


It did get a few compliments, but it got way more interested looks and double takes when I handed over cash at the tills :) 


I used 2 coats of Avon Matte Polish "Cement" for my Base coat
Pinkie: Essence Circus polish "Cotton Candy"
Ring Finger: Essence "What do u think?"
Middle finger: Essence "Sure Azure"
Peter Pointer Finger (or Index finger for adults): OPI "Fiercely Fiona"


All that remains is: Yes or No? Yay or Nay? Cool or Stool (as in sample)? 


1 comment:

  1. They look great, I actually like that you did each nail differently.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...