Tuesday 3 January 2012

Pricey Primer... not

For the bank breaking €2.99 you can pick up this little tube of mostly goodness at most Pharmacies, Penneys and Dunnes Stores.


Essence's I <3 (heart) Stage eyeshadow base is a yellow-toned cream that very nicely cancels out the redness on my lids.

Top: Blended out, Bottom: Blobbed on

It goes on pretty easily and as long as you pat it on and blend it gently by patting it , then it won't go patchy. Its not going to deliver 12 hour crease-less colour, but it should get you through the standard 8 hour work day.

It didn't make my eye-shadows pop or change the intensity of their colours, but it did keep them mostly in place for the day.

I don't like to apply the primer directly from the spongy doe-footed to my eyelid as you get too much product to work with. Since I apply it just after I apply my foundation, after which I wash my hands, I use my clean fingers to pat and blend it gently into place.


I like that when I wear it alone it makes my lids look a lovely natural skin toned colour, not red and shiny. I can wear it with just a flick of grey or black or blue liner and it looks like I have really put effort into doing a nude eye.


For €2.99 you can't really go wrong for something that makes it look like you put a bit of effort in...even if you didn't.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading AND commenting, Dawniepants. Its not the most "fantastic-est" product, but for 2.99, you can't go wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit it, I've never tried primer but at that price I will x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...