Thursday 22 December 2011

All My Favourite Smells... In One Bath...

Bathing. Its not something that one gets to do very often in Ireland. Showers are easier and require less P.T. than a bath does.

Most houses in Ireland are now equipped with electric showers so:
Push Button, get into hot shower. Push Button again and the water stops. Simples.

A Bath on the other hand requires a little more effort...
1. Remember that you want to bath and make another mental note to remember to put the immersion on 30 minutes before you are going to want to bath.
2. Actually remember to put the immersion on and remind self to put the immersion off again after 30 minutes so as not to waste expensive electricity.
3. Run the bath and enjoy.

...

4. Wake up at 4am, rush over to the immersion switch and put it off and curse self all the way back to bed while internally wailing about the money now wasted on water that is just going to get cold again before you can actually use it.

Our new house has the heating on a timer, so no more remembering to put the immersion on. Yay!!!

Anyways. On one of my little walks past my local chemist I popped in to see if they had anything new. I found this little bottle of Kneipp Warm Embrace Bath on a shelf next to a few other bits from the Kneipp. But this stood out to me as I was just thinking that morning that I could really do with a nice warming bath to try to relax my neck and shoulders.


They did have a bigger bottle, but I only had a few coins on me at the time, so I got the sampler bottle which contains 20 mls, which is enough for 2 baths. It contains Ginger, Cardamom Macadamia and Honey essence (as well as a few other skin nourishing oils). All of them are favourite cooking, eating, and smelling ingredients of mine.

 I emptied half the bottle of oil into a comfortably warm bath and hopped in. The scents carried up to my nose in the steam was just so warming and relaxing, without overpowering my sense of smell at all. For the first time since arriving in Ireland, I relaxed in the bath. Properly relaxed. And when I got out my skin felt really soft due to the oils.
But mostly...I felt warm. Warm right to my bones. For the first time, in a long time, I was warm right down to my toes. And it was a lovely, lovely warmth that stayed with me.

The soft smell of spices lingered on my skin as I got into bed and I slept really well that night. Like I had been warmly embraced. I really like this and will be getting the big bottle to treat myself weekly while we are in the icy grips of winter.


I paid €1.99 for the sampler bottle in Bradleys Pharmacy in Blackrock Dundalk. And it was worth every single cent.

Kneipp have a wide range of products, all of which I can't wait to try, including the Sinus Relief Bath (which I already have)





2 comments:

  1. I hope I will have time to linger in the bath over the next few days! Wishing you and all the family a very Happy Christmas:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to pick some up, I like the idea that it warms you from the inside out. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...