Monday 3 October 2011

deep space

I did a spot of browsing in my local pharmacy and picked up a few bits and pieces. One of which is featured today :)

It's not just my earring that is skew...
 

I already had the Avon Nailwear Pro in Classic fit in my collection (I think I paid €4 for it about a year or so ago). The colour is a lovely navy, bordering on black. This is deffo a "2-coater".












The first coat goes on a little patchy, but its a lovely blue. If you apply a nice thin coat it dries quickly too.

'scuse the flash, but its so
 you can see the patchiness















The second coat makes a world of difference. It changes the colour to a really deep rich blue. Provided to apply evenly it will dry fairly quickly as well.














 All Avon Polishes are D-3 Free and are also frequently on offer so you shouldn't have to pay the RRP of €9. I am not sure if you can still get this shade...


I used this essence polish as a top coat in Make it Golden (€1.29 spendy I know).  Its a clear base, with positively loads of tiny gold glitter particles and lots of large hexagonal glitter bits. Simp-leh Fah- beau- liss, Dah-ling.

This is a tricky one to work with. it does take a bit of time to dry, despite the quick dry claims. Also if you 'paint' it onto the nail, you don't really get enough of the bigger bits of glitter, unless you use multiple coats.


Since I only had time for a single coat I found the best way to do this was to kind of dab the polish onto the nail. This way you can decided how many of the bigger glitter bits go on and their placement.



Word of warning, you need at least 8 - 10 minutes for this to dry enough to actually use your fingers without smudging your polish. So do this while the kids are at school or when they are in bed and you are watching TV.


1 comment:

  1. Getting that gold tomorrow, I need that polish. Well no, I probably don't, but... yeah. I do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...